How to prepare for your move
Get Your Moving Quote Now
4 Weeks before your move
- Get quotes from moving companies
- If you are moving within the state, we recommend hiring a local, family-owned moving company (like us!) to assure you receive the best rates and customer service.
- Sell unwanted valuables on eBay, craigslist, garage sale or donate them to a charitable cause.
2 Weeks in Advance
- Start the packing process, and start with areas of your home you know you won’t need to access for the next 2 weeks. Or save yourself the hassle and physical drain and hire professionals to do the packing for you….like us!
- Avoid buying groceries two weeks before your move to avoid spoilage and make your move a little more mess-free.
- Change your address with the Official USPS Change of Address form. Then notify your family, friends, utility companies, employer, schools your family attends, and whoever else should know of your new address.
- Contact building/home management. If you live in a gated community, let them know the name of the company that will be coming by and when, reserve any freight elevators if you live in an apartment building, and foresee and address any other possible logistical obstacles on moving day.
Day of your move
- Pack anything you might need for emergency purposes, expensive valuables, or daily-use items (inhaler, EpiPen, medicine, jewelry, phone charger) in a briefcase or bag that will be with you at all times.
- Defrost your refrigerator at least a day before moving and wipe up any liquid.
- If you are renting your previous home, be sure to take pictures of your previous and new home to assure an appropriate deposit refund once you move out.
- Make sure movers leave nothing behind and there are no damages to your items and home after move-in. We will do a walkthrough with you before the move starts and once it ends.
- Save all receipts! In some cases, you can deduct moving expenses from income taxes. Your employer might even pay for your whole move if the move is job-related.
How it Works
Get in Touch
Reach out to Sky Moving via phone, email, or by filling out the quote form on our website.
Plan Your Move
Our team will provide you with a free, no-obligation moving estimate and a detailed relocation plan tailored to your unique needs.
Let Us Handle Everything
Let our team be the autopilot that will guide your through the entire moving process while you enjoy the friendly skies.